1. Sales Consultant [This position has now been filled]
We are currently advertising for a new SALES CONSULTANT to join our existing sales team at NELSON BAY.
Our aim is to find an enthusiastic person that is eager to learn, develop a career, and grow with our business.
This is a full time position and will involve some week-end work.
What does a Salesperson at NBRE do?
- Talk to people about property and locate new business.
- Build relationships with buyers and sellers to understand their needs.
- Present our selling system to potential clients.
- Conduct buyer interviews and present our properties.
- Use our proven negotiation system to achieve a smooth transaction at a great price.
What will you need?
- Current drivers license and suitable vehicle
- Real Estate certificate of registration or license (or undertaking training to apply for one)
- Tidy/professional Presentation
- An understanding of the property industry and an interest in people.
- Acceptable level of computer/technology skills
- Previous real estate experience not essential.
What do you get in return?
- Comprehensive training and support
- Access to professionally presented listing and buyer management tools
- Access to an extensive buyer database
- An equal share of all office generated selling enquiry (after probationary period)
- Work from a large modern office in the heart of town
- Salary package $55,000pa plus bonus structure.
- Office supplied laptop and phone sim card.
- Team environment
We recommend following the steps below to find out if this position is suitable for you. If you are considering applying for a sales role with NBRE, please read this page before applying.
Does a career in real estate suit you? The first step is to find out about the industry and what a career in property sales is like. Do some research and see if you can picture yourself in the industry.
If you not sure where to look, here are some books that might help (we have no formal association with the authors, they are just good books). There is a lot of information online too, and in facebook groups and forums.
Real Estate Mistakes. Here is a link to the authors website.
Real Estate Uncovered. The author has put a lot of information and excerpts from the book on his website. Here’s the link.
Inside Real Estate. A more recent book by the author of Real Estate Uncovered. We have some spare copies of this one in the office if you would like to borrow one.
Do WE suit you? Nelson Bay Real Estate adopts a team approach to selling. This is different to how some real estate offices operate. Training is provided. We have an office listing presentation, buyer management system and negotiation procedures. For new people this will help you perform at an advanced level quickly – for experienced people it will lift you to new heights and will keep the right person interested in their career. The feeling of knowing that you are good at what you do is hard to beat. This team approach also makes it a lot easier to enjoy your days off and holidays.
Before applying for the position, please consider what type of career you are looking for. Learning our systems will involve some reading, study and practice. Whether you are an experienced agent or entering the industry, the successful applicant’s values must align with our own.
Talk to your partner and your close family.
Have you got the support of your family? Real estate can be demanding, especially at the start. The rewards can be terrific, but this a competitive industry and you will need to work hard to achieve good results. It is important to be sure that your family understands and supports your new career.
So, how did you go with the steps above? If you have read up on the industry and how it really works, taken a look at how our office operates, are excited to learn more and your family supports your enthusiasm, then it’s time to apply!
Download a blank application form below or collect one from our reception desk (we are open 7 days a week).
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
2. Property Manager (Permanent) [This Position Has Now Been Filled]
Our business is expanding and we now have a position vacant for an experienced PROPERTY MANAGER. Being experienced, you will already have an understanding of the role in general but here are a few further details….
- Experience with Permanent Residential Property Management (this is essential). Commercial/industrial leasing is desirable (although only a small part of our business at present).
- Competent computer skills.
- Can work within a very close team (interpersonal skills).
Some other details:
- We don’t have a holiday rental department (so there is none of that!).
- Hours of work are Mon-Fri (9am-5pm) – but there is some flexibility for the right person. Similarly, extra hours are sometimes necessary in busy periods (why does everyone move house in December??)
- We work from a modern office in the heart of Nelson Bay.
- We have written procedures and manuals for everything – so don’t be nervous about change!
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence. To apply please download the application form below (or collect one from our reception desk). If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org (send applications here too) or call Heath on 0249812655.